First day for “Happy Hour” electric boat.Posted by Manhattan Yacht Club on Saturday, 12 October 2019
“Happy Hour” is an all-electric 24 foot cruiser with beautiful lines and nice seating. She is exclusivly available for Manhattan Yacht Club Members to charter.
You can make a reservtion and see existing reservations at the bottom of this page.
You do not need J/24 skipper privileges to charter Happy Hour. She is available to any Member with a drivers license. You just need to complete and pass a training sessions to begin using her.
You can take Happy Hour for a cruise with 2 to 6 people. Each charter is 1 to 2 hours. The special introductory charter fee is $25 per person. Happy Hour is permitted to operate between the MYC docks and the Statue of Liberty. She must stay to the west of the harbor shipping channel. Happy Hour is available for use during daylight hours and must be back at dock at least 20 minutes after sunset.
Happy Hour is all-electric and there are no fumes or difficult engines to start and stop. She operates about the same speed as a J/24. She is easy to steer and any Member who can drive a car can learn to drive this boat.
The training sessions are done by experienced MYC Members and can have up to 5 trainees. Training sessions normally run for 1 hour. The training sessions fee is $25 per person and credited to the trainer’s account. These are the items you will cover and need to demonstrate:
- Know and demonstrate how to turn power on and off.
- Know how to activate the control panel.
- Know how to check for water in the bilge.
- Demonstrate the donning of life vests and explain the importance.
- Demonstrate going into forward and reverse.
- Know how to read and manage battery capacity.
- Demonstrate knowledge of permitted cruising area.
- Demonstrate knowledge of dangerous reef in harbor.
- Demonstrate knowledge of security zones around Liberty and Ellis Islands.
- Demonstrate ability to perform a man overboard maneuver.
- Demonstrate ability to dock boat safely without scratches.
Make your “Happy Hour” reservation here (Please note that we will send an email to all Members once Happy Hour is Commissioned for the season. It should launch in June):
Current Reservations & Training Sessions:
The Club will send an email to all members when Happy Hour gets commissioned for 2021