First day for “Happy Hour” electric boat.Posted by Manhattan Yacht Club on Saturday, 12 October 2019
“Happy Hour” is an all-electric 30 foot cruiser with beautiful lines and nice seating. She is exclusivly available for Manhattan Yacht Club Members to charter.
You do not need to have J/24 skipper privileges at MYC to rent Happy Hour. She is available to any Member with a drivers license. You just need to complete a simple orientation to begin using her. This will be a great way to take your friends cruising in the harbor and you can get started immediately.
You can take Happy Hour for a cruise with 2 to 6 people. She is all-electric so there are no fumes or difficult engines to start and stop. She operates about the same speed as a J/24. She is easy to steer and any Member who can drive a car can learn to drive this boat.
Happy Hour is available for Members to charter. Each charter is 1 to 2 hours. The special introductory charter fee is $25 per person.
Happy Hour is permitted to operate between the MYC docks and the Statue of Liberty. She must stay to the west of the harbor shipping channel. Happy Hour is available for use during daylight hours and must be back at dock at least 20 minutes after sunset.
Before your first rental, you need to complete a 30 minute orientation course which covers operation and safety.
- Know and demonstrate how to turn power on and off.
- Know how to activate the control panel.
- Know how to check for water in the bilge.
- Demonstrate going into forward and reverse.
- Know how to read and manage battery capacity.
- Demonstrate knowledge of permitted cruising area.
- Demonstrate knowledge of dangerous reef in harbor.
- Demonstrate knowledge of security zones around Liberty and Ellis Islands.
- Demonstrate ability to perform a man overboard maneuver.
- Demonstrate ability to dock boat safely without scratches.
Make a your “Happy Hour” reservation here: